Britain's Got Talent: ITV speaks out over Malakai worries
'Stringent procedures' protect young acts
Britain's Got Talent has spoken out over fears regarding Malakai Paul. The 9 year old broke down in tears during his audition on Saturday but show producers have defended their 'no age limit' rule as they have stringent procedures in place to protect their acts.
Responding to concerns over Malakai, a show spokesperson said: "Malakai wanted to audition and did so with the full support of his family. He was accompanied by his mother at all times. "
"We have stringent procedures in place relating to children who appear in our programmes, the welfare of all contestants is our number one priority."
Malakai's mum Toni-Ann, put his tears down to nerves and was happy for him to continue as long as he felt comfortable.
After his performance Malakai showed no signs of stress and was overjoyed. "I got four yeses off the judges. Alesha said I'm going to be a superstar. If I met the queen I think I would be a bit scared, but I would be very proud. If I met her, I think I would sing Joyful Lord to see if she likes it."
Do you think there should be an age limit on Britain's Got Talent?
Is Malakai your winner?
Click the discussion bar below to leave your views...
Join me here every Saturday night for the MSN Britain's Got Talent live blog. As always I'll be giving my views but I want to hear what you think of each performance... see you then!
MSN Reality TV
'Tony Soprano' actor James Gandolfini has died aged 51 from a suspected heart attack while on holiday in Rome. .
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:02, Views 0
What's your favourite Tony Soprano quote?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I wipe my a** with your feelings.
- What use is an unloaded gun?
- You got any idea what my life would be worth if certain people found out I checked into a laughing academy?
- What f****** kind of human being am I, if my own mother wants me dead?
- Hey, I don't even let anyone wag their finger in my face.
- I won't pay. I know too much about extortion.
- You don't s*** where you eat. And you really don't s**t where I eat.
- Is everyone in my life f*****' bananas?
- When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
- All due respect, you got no f*****' idea what it's like to be Number One.